Monday, April 20, 2009

Monday, Monday!

Mondays are always terrible after a wonderful weekend away at the lake. Summersville lake is filled to summer pool and boats are starting to gradually appear in the water. We went trail riding on mules along the Meadow and Gauley Rivers on Saturday. Most of the 44 mile trail was on old railroad tracks. The rails are removed and trails are made for hiking, biking and 4 wheeling. The weather was beautiful, around 68 degrees, perfect for riding. We crossed four old railroad bridges that go across the rivers and streams and went through 2 tunnels, each tunnel was 1/2 mile long. The kids really enjoyed the echo in the tunnels. We had lunch on the Gauley River, and watch several kayaks paddle byI forgot my camera and took these photos with my new htc cell phone. I really wish I had my camera, I missed some really great photo ops.

Saturday night I made homemade pizza with homemade dough, pulled pork, peppers, onions, and mushrooms, on the grill. Best pizza in the world, made on the grill. It rained on Sunday but that did not matter....we slept in and enjoyed the day at campground doing absolutely nothing. We did not get home until 9 PM Sunday night.....unloaded the jeep and went straight to bed.....when we woke up it was the dreaded MONDAY! But I do believe spring has finally arrived in West Virginia.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A very nice blog you have.
Spring is here... finally! The flowers are as always so pretty.
Food for the soul