Friday, March 6, 2009

I Found a Quilt Shoppe

in my back yard. It was like finding the mother ship, the mother load, whatever it's called when you find the find of all times.

My day did not not necessarily start off too great. I had so much on my plate. The PLAN (oh, those plans) get up early, put dinner in the crock pot, quick trip to the mall, and back home to clean up the front porch and then off to work. My son, daughter-in-law and grandson are coming in tonight. Last night I bought groceries for the weekend, enough to feed an army for several days. Cleaned the house, etc....I'm having company.

I accomplish everything and head for the office and decide to make a quick trip by an old country shoppe in Fayetteville. I'm looking for a new outside spring flag for the house. When I walked in the door, I remembered they sold fabric, not really good quality fabric, but I thought I would take a peek. OMG, they changed everything....they had all the Moda lines and Thimbleberries. Rows and rows and rows of beautiful fabric. Seven miles from my house. Keep in mind this is West Virginia, we do not have fancy shops and stores here. I was going crazy.....

Now the terrible part....this morning I received an e-mail from Kimberly at the Fat Quarter Shoppe with Friday's Feature....I bought 8 yards of assorted Moda Patisserie at $9.25 per yard. This little country shoppe in Fayetteville has all their Moda for $6.47/yard. And today they had a sale...1/2 off. I wanted some of everything but walked away with a few yards of Howard Marcus Heritage Collection for a Cause. I kept telling myself you can come back, it's only a few miles away. I want to make a laptop/briefcase with this fabric. While I was shopping for Moda, my cell phone rings, my son is not coming to West Virginia this weekend. Apparently my grandson is sick and they do not want to make a six hour trip with a fussy child. I can't say that I much blame them. So now I'm inviting everyone to eat all weekend at my house, I have meals planned and food to feed an army. Oh those PLANS.

I guess we will go to the campground sometime this weekend, the weather is beautiful. I can smell the campfire burring right now.....I'm going to get back to my glass of Pinot Grigio. It's Friday evening, the house is clean, dinner is cooked and waiting.....what more could a woman want. Don't answer that!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

It sounds like plenty of food for the weekend with it being all ready for tonight even.

Go ahead, eat everyone, I'll be over too....but not for the food.....

I'll take the fabric you brought home. It's beautiful. Bet that won't be the last time you're at the shop.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why, but your post has me just chuckling away :). The word "PLAN" in my life is considered an EVIL word... a virtual guarantee that WHATEVER happens... it won't be the PLAN.
LOL