Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Another Late Night

....... at work....just like last night. I got home at 8:30 last night and 7 PM tonight. When will this schedule end? I fixed steaks on the grill and baked potatoes and salad for dinner. It's doesn't get any easier, other than carry out, and I hate carry out (in). The weather warmed up today and it's suppose to be in the 60s this weekend. My son and daughter-in-law with my darling little grandson may come for a visit this weekend. We won't know for sure until tomorrow. If we don't have company, I'd love to go to the lake and check on the RV, start cleaning up everything, and getting things hooked up in the RV. But we really don't want to drain the antifreeze with the kind of weather we've had this year. I can't clean without water.....hot water, so that means filling the hot water tank, forget it, it's not happening.
I made these little pin cushion jars and filled them with tread, buttons, and other little trinkets.
It's not really that hard to get the thread out of the wide mouths. A little practical decoration, but I'll probably be tired of them shortly and they will go back to their original purpose, canning.

I found these Martha Pullen Sewing Accessory Designs and made the patchwork pin cushion and small patchwork scissor case. I was not pleased with the scissor case. For some reason I always think I'm going to like the in-the-hoop designs, but for the most part I'm usually disappointed with the end result. But I keep on buying more of them, I'll never learn. But I did like the patchwork pin cushion. I just noticed in the picture that I forgot to hand stitch the bottom closed after I stuffed it.

I hope to be home early tomorrow from work. I really need to work on my Quilt Along; Bears in the Farmhouse Quilt so I don't get kicked out of class. I have the next part cut out and all the small blocks stitched but I have to put together the big blocks. I need to finish them before the weekend, they are due on Monday.

1 comment:

Cindy said...

The little jars are fun looking.

When looking at the patchwork pincushion - it first looks like a dress form pincushion. Nice, nice, nice.