Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Busy Day

Whoa, I'm glad it's almost over. It started out something like this....phone rings 6:45 AM problems at work, key office employee calling off....and it went down hill from there. I won't bother you with it. I stopped at the grocery store on my way home, picked up some fresh veggies for dinner and hit the door running. I first started a Crock pot of Granola. Then I started preparing dinner: Grilled Peach Topped Pork loin Chops, Baked Cheese Grits and Asparagus with Carrots and Blood Orange Seasoning.


If you froze peaches this summer, dig them out of the freezer and try this for dinner soon. It is quick and easy.

Grilled Peach Topped Boneless Pork Loin Chops

Ingredients:
Four large fresh peaches pealed, seeded, and diced. (see note at bottom)
2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
1/4 Cup Sugar or Honey
4 Boneless Pork Loin Chops about 3/4 inch thick
Salt and Pepper to Taste

Cook peaches in small sauce pan over medium heat until fork tender stirring frequently. If Peaches are not juicy added 1/4 cup water. Add vinegar and honey and continue cooking to reduce liquid. Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 30 minutes. (do not cover sauce pan) Heat gas grill on high for about 15 minute until very hot. Turn heat down to medium. Salt and Pepper chops and place over indirect heat (if possible). Cook for 5 to 8 minutes and turn chops. Spoon 1/4 cup peach mixture over each chop as soon as they are turned and continuing grilling for another 5 to 8 minutes. Chops are done with meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 170 degrees. Remove chops from grill to serving platter and serve immediately. Additional peach sauce can be added if desired.
Note: I used fresh frozen Virginia Peaches. I froze bushels of peaches this past summer just for recipes like this. I made this with fresh peaches several times but it was just as delicious with the frozen peaches.

I served the Peach Topped Chops with Cheese Grits and Asparagus

The Granola is spread out and cooling now. I added more fruit than the recipe called for I added extra raisins and coconut and also added dried cranberries, dates, and pecans. I'm looking forward to having this for breakfast in the morning. I'll take a bowl of Granola to the office and add a little milk, um um good. I've already sampled it tonight, it's good plain without any milk.

I need to wash clothes and tidy up the house tonight. We'll be leaving Friday evening for the weekend. A trip to Northern Virginia to visit our son, daughter-in-law, and grandson. We miss seeing the kids...wish they lived closer.

No comments: